Friday, April 19, 2019

"...to go"


Fire just so much of it these days. Living in a large city one hears fire engines 24/7 365. This town is a smoldering pit. As I sit here posting I hear them. There's an urban sense we have.

This is being able to tell if the fire engines or cop cars are coming towards you or away. When they get loud then the siren winds down in front of your building you're fucked.

This happened to me exactly a year ago this week.

Fucking big fire in the digs right below mine. The guy was running his contracting company out of his place. No big deal I mean people do that now. The economy is diffused. Plenty of local digital, and manual self employment everywhere.

Nine to five work is as distant as functioning public education or free access to former public parks. Btw there was an attempt to make libraries have an admission fee a while back. Fuck'em to hell.

As
in early 1900's NYC the last time home industry was common because of an busted economy,...fires. You set up shop at home shit can, and does happen.



The new economy which is a result of the New Climate is a fiery one. See above a snap sent me by a Facebook comrade. As she drove to town the grasslands are already enflamed.

This out in Kansas. Their great blizzards barley over already the land has dried up, and is burning. 

Aw well.

Meanwhile I'm realizing I'm too fucked up to do that jury duty thing after all. I went to visit dear pals. It was so swell to see them. We were radio pals on the air together for a few hundred years.
However the trip so exhausted me I was in bed for two days. 

No way I could go everyday to court on some case for a month...it might actually kill me. I wouldn't mind, but I'd rather Croke here at home. Not on a bus subway or courthouse. 

I mean ya know. 

Anyway so I'll plead insanity or age or something. 
I think my out is that I'm somewhat incontinent. Thanks' to the medical dramas since December. Which I just realized is about six months now. Time flies when your guts are hanging out onto the floor.

The last decade has been bad for my health. The last three seriously.

Fuck it I a want pizza, and a fucking coke to go.




No comments: