Sunday, June 9, 2019

"The Secret Histories of NYC"




Some of an age will recall the "Great Days of Absence". March 20~22, 1970. 
This when the whole then seven Millions of the population of NYC left for 72 hours. They camped in shelters malls army depots schools, and public buildings. Even some private homes. 

These in the immediate surrounding counties.

After which we all calmly came back, and resumed our normal lives. Never to mention the event again. However of late some who lived those strange days comment. However no one cares.

I myself stayed with friends up in Rome NY for those three days. It was uneventful. I mostly watched TV where it was never mentioned, and just passed the time. Coming home I was somewhat surprised it was not an issue. In time like everyone I forgot all about it

Through I will say a reason was never given.

We were just told we had to go. We got government instructions in the mail where to wait for army trucks Buses or trains, and did. That was that. Lately I think it might have had something to do with UFOs. That or the Beatles breaking up.

No comments: