Monday, June 24, 2019

"Time, and Again"




I mentioned the danger of being a Black Time Traveler. Especially in North America between roughly 1500~AD, and 2300~CE.
However there were relative safe spots. I set my dark matter pocket watch, and shifted to "June 24th 1967 2:28 pm, Central Park."

To any watching I would seem to have just walked from under the shade of a tree. The experience is like passing through a warm mist. The unit makes your entry as unremarkable as possible.

I wander the park, and observe an actual Hippie Be-in. Of a kind I remember taking part in as a lad. Though now with the experience of 50+ years I see with very different eyes. 


I was at first moved. 

Their hope affection trust. All of which will be co-opted, and betrayed. I realized many of these youths will go on to become the selfish "Me Generation", and later as elders,...hostile xenophobic Trump voters.

I left with somber feelings.

My next stop Wyoming 26,000~BCE.
I was always interested in that culture. Them folks were still somewhat fresh from Pan-Asia so may never have heard any Country & Western Music or had much experience with cops or income tax..

No comments: