Thursday, June 21, 2018

"Nation of Islam meets Uncle Sidney"


As if things weren't nuts enough. The other day when I foolishly wandered out into the hot sun, and nearly died. Well just before that I got into a conversation with this guy selling copies of the "Call" or something.
This the main print rag of the "Nation of Islam" aka the "Black Muslims". Ask your Civil Rights worker grandparents about them guys. Not known for their sense of humor.

I have complicated feelings for them characters.
I mean other than being stone cold racist anti-Semites violent homophobes delusional religious fanatics, and being suspect in the murder of an older cousin in the mid-1960's,...besides all that. 
I guess they're fine.

As for that friendly chat with this agent of utter evil. He insisted as the Nation does that all the Black Slaves were Muslim. I pointed out there was no trace of Negro Islam till long after the Civil War. The first appearances in the northern cities where Coloreds of the time were migrating. I mentioned this was the actual origins of his outfit specifically.

I guess you could say he became apoplectic at this point.

It as if I told a conservative Catholic that Mary of Magdalen not Peter was the true founder of the Church,...which she was. 
Bottom line my pal wasn't having it. He dismissed me as having been brainwashed by the white devil.


Here I always thought the Devil was Red.

Btw above some happy visitors to the Black Muslims Convention in the early 1960's. These guys had so much in common then,...still do.
At the time the Nation was into Back to Africa.
Them Nazis thought this made sense.


No comments: