Tuesday, July 31, 2018

"...this place"


I had another of those dreams.
It was always noon in this place. 
No morning night nor evening.
I was walking. ...so very far. 
My feet were bleeding. 
I left prints of blood in sand.

I was on a beach. I wandered it's shore. 
This washed the blood away.
There were submarines diving. So many. It seemed as if squadrons of them were slowly going down one after another. There was singing.

The "Sailor's  Hymn"...I could faintly hear it.

"Eternal Father, strong to save,
Whose arm hath bound the restless wave,
Who bid the mighty ocean deep,
It's own appointed limits keep;
Oh hear us when we cry to Thee,
For those in peril on the Sea!"

The dream morphed, and I was sweeping the floor of an abandoned building.  I wore scraps of rags. I heard crying down the hall. I went opened the door, and saw a child's shadow.
The room held a shadow which cried, and cried. ...morph.

A person handed me a shirt jeans, and a silver dollar. She said I could sleep on the roof. That the birds would protect me. 
She said "they protect everybody" here.
And I did sleep. I slept in the eternal noon of that world. I lay there as swarms of birds flew above.

No comments: