Saturday, November 23, 2019

"Narrative"





Above a super swell 1/48th scale model of the P-40/N.
My comfort zone being kits, and such.
Got this off a Hobby site in the PRC.
Commie China.

Not as many Nazi fanboys in their hobby sites as here.
See "Plastic Jack Boots"
They build models of that paper hanger winning the War.
Some white boys are like that.
The above P-40 used by the Nationalist Chinese against the Japanese.
Them fuck heads were the Nazis of Asia. Genocide slavery even  chemical warfare experiments on Civilians, and POWs
Not nice guys.

Having half my family originally from Shanghai, and north.
 I have personal history in this. 
I've relatives that fought them as soldiers, and partisans.
I also had family on both sides of their Civil War.
This gave us relations on Formosa, and the Mainland. 

The Black part of my family called mine,..."Yellow Niggers".
Some of them said this, and worse.
Nice huh? 
Just because you're oppressed don't automatically make you cool. 
The Black Israelites, and Nation of Islam.
Yeah Black racists.

Above the flags of mainland China.
The district of Harlem NYC,
and
Nationalist China.
My main food groups.

( The sword, and stars in the canton of the Harlem flag is the crest of the original Harlem in the Netherlands.
The red black, and green stripes the traditional colors for the Freedmen after the U.S. Civil War. )
To makes things even more interesting. I had cousins fighting on both sides of the Korean War. My older cousin Reggie in the Army combat infantry. That, and two Chinese cousins.
They with the Red Army.
They were all at the front in 1952 just miles from each other.
This would make an interesting Netflix movie.

My sister a writer journalist went to the Mainland to connect with that branch of the family. They're still there, and know about us.
We're both now filling in the gaps.
Those that the 20th Century tore into our family history.

I have other relatives. Also journalists,...runs in the family. That have for some time been going to Africa to trace our line there.
I honor all parts of our story.
This is just the natural need to know who we are.
Where we come from.
Everyone has ancestors. Not just the rich, and powerful.

Most of us are just folks. The ones that make the world work.
That, and we all have history place, and dignity. How history came only to be the story of kings mass murders, and cooks.
I don't know. However we're slowly changing the narrative.

No comments: