Wednesday, August 2, 2017

"The Real Dope"


Here's a reply to a post from an old radio engineer pal about the drug trade in Saudi Arabia. Seems they're all hooked over there on what was once used here for hyper-active children.

Go figure.

The Saudi heat caught some guy riding a camel,...yeah I know. Anyway the guy was riding one of them things that was carrying these giant bags of these pills.

I think they let the camel go after he tested negative.

So I sez,...

As an actual drug addict. One remains so for life no matter how long since your last hit. In my case about 25+ years or so. I will tell you that people take drugs because they are in deep pain or bored. The worse is having both conditions.

Claude when you knew me on a more daily basis at the radio station I was just coming out of a decade long infatuation with Cocaine. I say "infatuation" because I ran into serious users who saw my "habit" as tame in the extreme. What I was using wouldn't have been considered a lite aperitif to these guys.


Hey I was an *"Eight-ball" a week man, but still total bullshit to these pros. *(...that's three grams nasal.)

To the camel riding dealer in question. Hey to each they're own. Kiddy hop-head pills really ain't most folk's cat's meow. What's corn chips to one bunch is China White to another. 

On a personal note. From what I've read about Saudi Arabian prisons you might want to stick to Pepsi if you're in their 'hood. Hold ya damned piece till ya gets to Amsterdam fer craps sakes.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The future of Saudi Arabia is like that of the United States: it hasn't got any. Its collapse is baked into the cake, like ours. So it is fitting that we have cemented our foreign policy destiny in the Middle East to theirs. It is likely that both countries will see an explosion of addictions as people seek to escape an awful reality through various forms of suicide. Ours will be booze and drugs, theirs will be toxic religion.

Onward and downward - into the Abyss!

Z

uncle1950uncle said...

I have such a headache.