Saturday, August 12, 2017

"End Times at Last"


I'd jump out a window, but it's too much trouble. Also I'd miss the new "Ben 'n Jerry's" flavor coming out on Labor Day. It's things like that which give me hope, and keep me here. No need to list the reasons for either bedding down in front of a packed sweaty subway car or splitting to the mountains.

Semi-automatics ammo meat sticks morphine, and comic books optional. Well all that or becoming an illegal alien in New Zealand. Thing is the temptation to just tune out, and live the balance of one's life in ignorance, and trivia,...like most Americans do is becoming a serious temptation.

Basically why bother.

It's hopeless in the short term, and apocalyptic in the long. Short term I'm hauled to a death camp by black shirts. Long term the world is drowned in rising seas mass starvation civil war on every square in of the planet, and diseases we never heard of finishing off whoever is still standing after the major fun ends.

I'm not getting you down am I?

Oh, but there's hope. Yeah we can all vote for whatever nutter the Green Party shoves in our faces. That or maybe the business as usual big money friends of things as they are Democratic Party will at last come to our rescue.

Fat chance.

Them dummies will be wiped the hell out in 2018, and 2020. This because they didn't learn shit from 2016. No need to go into detail. If you've been paying even slight attention you know the deal.

As I see it Trump 2020 or till he has a stroke,...then Pence forever.

This being so...

Lets consider our living options in our new land of the "Handmaiden's Tale". 

Ummm, ....none.

'Least none I can figure other than we're doing now. Living in fear exasperation, and 'net surfing. Though I don't surf hardly anymore. This since everywhere I go there's Trump.
He's either being praised by the short sighted, and intolerant or being attacked by the short sighted, and intolerant.

The only way out of this I can see is that giant Asteroid we should have voted for in 2016 finally hitting the planet. A zombie apocalypse or space alien invasion from hell. These might change the conversation.

As I post more, and more:

"I have such a headache."




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Getting me down? Not at all! I've already reconciled myself to the inevitable. You're right about the Dems - they haven't learned a thing from their monumental fuck-ups, and will repeat the same stupid mistakes with drearily predictable results.

Perhaps the best option would be a placid contemplation of history deliquescing before our eyes while we enjoy a good Ben & Jerry's - rather like watching the Apocalypse exploding around us as we chowf down a tasty repast in the Restaurant at the End of the Universe.

Z

uncle1950uncle said...

Ice cream,...mmmmmm.