Tuesday, January 7, 2020

"...pick one"

The one the bottom was most likely what the historical Jesus was like. Jesus the person the human being. 
The other guy was who the Nuns gave me. Later I was offered a sub-Saharan Black Jesus. I was never too sure about either. However the guy on the bottom wins. 

At least for me. 

The same folks that were there then are there now. 
So Jesus probably looked like Anwar Sadat or the guy that ran the grocery store in my 'hood when I was a kid.
We don't know anything about him really. 
At most maybe a paragraph or so of his words might be authentic. The rest time, and history has altered. I've seen it altered by assorted sects in my lifetime. Multiply that by twenty centuries. 

As for his appearance. 
Each group that has adopted the faith has re-made him in their image. 

No comments: