Tuesday, January 7, 2020

"...really real"

My dolls, and Bob the Bunny in particular are my 3-D avatars. See above my other self,...Bob da Bunny. He's walking in non-existent snow. I put him there because where I am snow is now very rare. I want to be where there's still real winter,...so I made a world where there is, and put my other self there.
If this were 40 years from now I'd be using life sized holograms,...which would be worse. We use digital symbols as our face to the world. We are now once removed from reality. Some like gamers are a thousand times so.
I've been wondering how honest I am with you.
Honest with all of you my online friends. Some I only know digitally. Some I've known in person for decades or all my life. Yet here what is our relationship? I mean here, and now in this non-corporeal realm?
Reminds me of an affliction that exists within the Star Trek mythology. "Holo-Addiction". People in that fiction become addicted to the holographic worlds that can easily be created,...much like the complex computer games of today. It seems that a similar dependency is happening to us.
What is real?
You are my friends? Am I yours? I care for all of you. However our relationship is one's, and zero's. Are we really real to each other?
More as I think about this.

No comments: