Sunday, December 1, 2019

"...dumplings"


A year ago my Dark Matter pocket watch. My sentient time machine shut herself off. She's slept in my fridge since. Behind the eggs, and juice.

The other afternoon she chimed, and woke up.

October 22nd, 1148 CE, 5:36pm.
I portaled to what would one day be Virginia.

I came to watch the sun set. 
Still. Quiet. I could hear the faintest breeze whistle in my ears. The buzz of every insect the step of every living thing near me.

I sat on a long fallen tree, and beheld a pre-industrial evening. The sky empty of men was already filling with bright so very bright stars. I scented the aroma of the ocean half a hundred miles away.

If not for the bears which were very common in that when. I would have slept the night there. 
I portaled back to West 28th Street Manhattan,...current time.
Noise. Chaos. Smears of neon.

I went to a Chinese take-out had dumplings, and tea.

No comments: