Monday, December 23, 2019

"...1904"


The Solstice. I time portaled. Peach Bonnet Wisconsin December 21st 3:26pm 1904~CE.
Yule decorations were up. Not as many nor gaudy as later years. They were homespun. Warmly sincere. The quiet strikes you. The air pristine.
The main street unpaved. Shops gas lit. ...So quiet.
A woman with a child came out of a Sundry store. A 7-11 to us. The woman nodded the child openly smiled. People not yet afraid of strangers.
I walked this place. This peaceful though complex human place. So unknowing of the terrors, and wonders to come.
I took a quick snap of folks across the way. This with a period box camera. As new to them as 3-D iPhones to us.
I'll come back in their Spring my next afternoon. This when Peach Bonnet will be in full leaf.

With that I shifted back to Tomorrowland.

No comments: