Friday, December 6, 2019

“Such a Party”

I posted this months ago,...but I like it.
My dreams have become unusually surreal. They’re full of living, and dead friends, and relatives.
I’m not sure, but I think I had a glimpse of my own memorial. This dream, I hope that’s all it was, took place back in the old neighborhood.
It was nice to see the old place, and all of the people I grew up with. Here’s the thing,…I was late. Part of this drama was me trying to get to my party/wake on time. I’m still not sure which it was.
I must say it was a swell show once it got started though. Lots of food, and love for all. Even I had a good time,…I think.
Then in the middle of everything I was suddenly morphed to City College. You know how dreams are.
I was giving a lecture on the complications of history as seen through the prism of the human heart. Basically why do we insist on looting, burning, and butt bleeping every damned thing on the planet. …and twice on Sunday’s. It was a swell rant. I pulled out all the stops. ‘Wish I could remember it I’d post it here for your befuddlement.
Then I was back at the party.
Btw all this took place either at dusk or late night. That’s when many of my dreams happen.
Anyway the pies, cakes, cream puffs. Basically everything I can no longer eat was there beckoning. As well as departed friends, and relatives. Some whom I thought never liked me,...but did.
See thing is I rarely have dreams where nice things happen to me. However in ‘this’ dream not only did I get love. I got cake too. I can still see it.
Love warmth, and wonderful cakes. ...was this heaven?

No comments: