Saturday, December 7, 2019

"...Theology". part II


'Got into this theological thing with some guy at the bus stop.
He laid all his personal Jehovah's Witness stuff on me,...always smile, and nod when this happens. I decided not to tell him about my new religion based on pastries, and comic books.
Well he was a nice guy, and meant well...I also didn't tell'em I was Queer. Them "Witness" folks support death for fags, and such. ...'least last I heard they did. 
Btw as I mentioned somewhere I'm always nice to the assorted religious nutters I bump into.
I see them as all having the "Shine". 'Been touched by the Higher Realms, and all.
They go on about this or that holy jazz. Maybe their dog or cat told them,...probably their cat who knows. Still they got touched, and went bleeping nuts. Them's that thinks too much which  get touched become radical theologians or deranged artists. Guys like James Baldwin Dali Ginsberg, and Walt Whitman.
I was "Touched". ...a little...in a way...kind'a.
Been seeing through time, and space hearing stuff wild dreams alien abductions the whole deal.
I remember I was maybe 8, and I was captured by the Sky.
I was sitting on the ground in the school yard, and staring at the wonder of the late October sky,...didn't notice all the kids had gone in. Sister Alice had to come out, and get me. 
The principle thought I was disturbed, and told my Mom I might need help. Mom told her to bleep off.
So began my life as an "Urban Shaman"...sort of. ( Nice name for a Book or play.) Those that used to listen to my radio programs know what I mean. Which is why I'm thinking of setting up that mostly harmless religion. The one with Pastries , and Comic Books as sacraments. That or doing a performance of my idea for a store-front temple.
"Uncle Sydney's First Church of Amazing Bewilderments"
The more I think about it the more I may do this thing. 
Anyway about being cool with all the "Touched" on the street. There's a bunch of "Witness" folks stationed near the subway I use. I always "smile, and nod"...take their stuff when offered too. I'm sincere. Sure they'd burn me at the stake,...so what. It's nice to be nice. I even asked them to pray for me when I was going nuts,...more than usual a while back.
When I saw 'em again the said they did.
Wow how neat is that. 

No comments: