Sunday, July 16, 2017

"...aging"


I'm just noticing how old I'm starting to look. Aging doesn't show in my family till close to the end. We all look late 50-ish 60-something into our 70's to 80's then drop dead. The aging thing drops on us in the final months...not years 'months'. We seem to age 30 years in that very short time. So I'm a breath from 70, but look 58. 60 something at most. Just like my dad did. This is good, and bad. Good for the usual reasons. Bad because I don't realize how late it is. ...it's got pretty late. Which is okay, but still.
Yep getting older. What the heck. I'm getting dumpy, and all. Still I'm breathing, and able to mostly walk around have a home toys, and zillions of pals here plus a wonderful sister family. Ya know I got over 100+ Birthday Greetings on Facebook?


                                ...that many maybe more care if I live or die.

Hey I'm swell. Weird nuts, and emotional sometimes, but swell. Btw there above is my aged self in the hallway of my 117 year old digs. Sometimes I wish by touching the walls I could hear all the generations. This as the Alien did in that film "Brother from Another Planet",...google it. The so many voices from the century, and more of folks that lived, and even died in these very rooms.

These neat digs 17 years into it's second century of nesting nurturing souls.

Amen.

No comments: