Wednesday, July 5, 2017

"...giraffes"



Other than giraffes I had a serious nightmare. It was a Nuke free for all. That expected Armageddon all us boomers lived with for most of our lives.

Well in the dream it finally happened.

As a kid I had a frightful vision of how my family would go. We would be charcoal shadows on the walls of our home. Like the folks in Hiroshima. Being an engineer the dream was full of technical detail. Types of missiles force counter force strategies targets, and target alterations.

All the details of species suicide.

In the dream I was for a moment in the Russian command center where they received a shortwave signal from the Governor of Florida who pleaded that his state was neutral in the ongoing conflict. Florida received a nuclear bombardment anyway.
I was standing in a park or maybe some sort of wilderness, and the horizon in every...I mean 'every' direction was lit up with multiple suns.

Then I awoke.

I felt dizzy shaken. I still feel ill. I imagine the troubles of our world re-awakened my memories of ''Duck, and Cover". Right now NATO, and Russian armored units are at stand off positions at the Estonian border. Russian planes are buzzing U.S. naval vessels. This in the middle of the largest western war games since the 1980's the depths of the Cold War.

All along with the ongoing mass murder in the Middle East. The great migrations of peoples away from those war zones. Which is being met with xenophobia racist violence, and destructive political decisions.
Is it no wonder that my soul kicked up memories of Hell given all this. As for what to do.

Well writing to your Congress person is a waste of time.

They're all bought by one faction or other of that one tenth of the I% that also owns us.
I think all we're left with is be Kind to those immediately around you. As the Dali Lama sez ''Be kind to everyone or at least don't hurt them''.


I guess that's it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I dreamt about my dog last night - the one I had fifty years ago. I dreamt that I neglected to fill her water dish for a few days, and being a very old dog she began to die. Once I realized my awful neglect, all I could do was pet and try to comfort her as she passed away.

Z

P.S. - For some reason or other, I never worried about nuclear annihilation. If it happens, there ain't jack you can do about it. If it doesn't, what's the point of worrying?

Z

uncle1950uncle said...

That was a sad dream. I know you would never let your dog suffer. Much in that dream. So many contradiction in our lives so many visions of the good, and less good we could do, would never do, but could do. Our souls are complicated things. The dreams means you're a good soul I think. You comforted your little friend in the end...you would never harm your dog. The ultimate message was you loved the little sweetheart....remember that. You did love. Maybe in these doubtful times it was her spirit trying to remind you of your better self.

As for being charcoal on a wall. I grew up in a bulls eye, and they never let us forget it for election reasons back then. So air raid drills, and Civil Defense stuff was everywhere. It was our landscape. We all knew how far from the city we had to be to survive those 1950's early 60's bombs.

The air dropped bombs 20 to 30 miles. The then new ICBM's of the early 60's 40+ miles. So in the late 1950's I knew my aunts, and cousins in Queens would make it after the coming of ICBM's my grand-aunt Joesy in Suffolk County would be okay.

In fact during the height of the Cuba crisis my folks took me, and my sister out of school, and our aunt Joesy took us in for the duration. My older brother being a tuff guy wouldn't go. He wanted to stay with his pals, and our dog. I guess he, and the guys wanted to stay to beat up any Russian troops that dared show up on the block.

I remember the food. The piles of canned goods, and many bottles of water auntie had in her farm house. There were even uniformed civil defense guys that came by in army trucks to check on folks. I guess to make sure we had what we needed. Here's a cute memory. One of these neat folks gave me a Civil Defense cap to wear.

Seems when threatened we come together. They were even nice to colored folks.

Oh America,...where the hell have you gone?