Monday, July 10, 2017

"Pressed Card Board"




'Was just chatting with my dear radio, and arts pal Andrea Clarke. Ya know stuff about still breathing, and walking around after near 100 years, and such. I mentioned that as I kid I thought folks that was 67 had already been dead for five years. Anyway "Howdy Doody' sort of came up.

I had this exact set, above, as a kid. If I still had it I could eBay it for the gross national product of Belize.

I forgot it in the rain in my back yard. It actually melted!. It was made of pressed cardboard, and balsa...the cheap bastards. Yep. Ol' Howdy was painted pressed cardboard. Com'on I was an embryo what did I know of the effects of nature on cheaply made bit of media merchandise.

Kids leaves their stuff in the yard rain or shine. Next day I looked all over the house for the little guy. I finally found him in the mud out in the yard. Not a pretty sight. He was rotted decomposed,...but still smiling.

A real trooper.

No comments: