Saturday, October 7, 2017

"Weatherless"


As I say we don't actually get weather in NYC. It's always grey tepid, and windless. Same in winter now grey tepid, no longer cold mostly windless. The only real weather we've had was "Sandy". Nothing since. Sure perhaps a quick rain storm or a passing snow event. However these just last literally minutes, and are then gone.

There was something on the weather channel about it. Mind you yes a storm surge is in our cards like last time with Sandy. The river rose up 20 feet in much of lower Manhattan. Flooded, and wrecked everything. Otherwise day to day,...nothing. It's like being in a shut up room. There's my shut up rooms below to illustrate our Bizzaro situation.


Btw note my Zen emptiness. Since early summer I've been getting rid of the crap that accreted all over the place. Besides the few bits of furniture it's empty. I'm down to 10 boxes. ...plus laundry. More than enough to show for a life.



Also part of it is that if homelessness ever happens again I'm ready. I just walk away. Though my family sez they'd never let that happen. They said they wouldn't have let it happen in the first place if I had said anything. Having been out there is like having been in an unpopular war. If by chance you come back. No one wants to hear about it. It is very like having been in a war. You're in danger every moment. This changes one. So I expect it to come again. I think part of my letting go of things is a kind of getting ready. Though clearly it probably will never happen again. Still one has a need. Sorry to bring it up,...it's just been with me again.


Hey I'm fine. Regular infusions of Curried Chicken Dr. Pepper doing cut out paper art, and really bad science fiction novels have put me back in the pink.

Eh,...medium brown or some such shade as that.


No comments: