Monday, May 8, 2017

"First Church of Amazing Bewilderment",...Inc.


As some of you know I have this ongoing idea to open a store front place of "Holy Moly". It's the Roman Catholic in me. Something like this above 1930's beauty salon would make a nice weird store front temple cathedral church sacred ground so, and so sort of place...yeah I like it.

I'd keep all the Beauty salon stuff up especially the clock. However I'd fix that so it ran backwards. In honor of all that time space shifting stuff...a nice touch that. All welcome.

You don't even have to believe in anything,...I mean I don't.

'Be back soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Temple of the Beautiful Boy! So the theme of beauty remains consistent with the original purpose of the building.

Z

Anonymous said...

In one window is a devotional image of flamenco lad, all in scarlet silk; in the other is cross-dressing Charlie in something suave and skimpy, with a feather boa, & possibly personating the Moon goddess. Inside is a cafe & community center for the discarded & the stigmatized, where you can unburden yourself of your cares and find refuge from a brutal world. When you walk in it smells wonderful because of fresh flowers and exquisite incense. Lovely devotional Art embellishes the walls. It's like entering an alternate & better reality. In winter you can keep snug by a cedar fire. Are we getting warm so far?

Z

uncle1950uncle said...

Oh Lawd in da Heavens!

Yeah sounds like my kind of place. I dream it always. You're a Shaman old comrade,...so am I. If that life after life stuff is real. I can see that both of us was shaking rattles chanting stuff, and easing the troubles, and pains of the tribe.

Now we dream sanctuaries for the tormented unwanted souls trapped in the planetary man-gawd Machine.

Your wondrous Temple, and my "Church" will in their way come to pass. It's our destinies to make them true.

...and fuck'em if they can't take a joke.