Sunday, May 28, 2017

"We're Gawds"


I don't think I'm an artist never have. Even though like you, and everybody else I've been doing bleeping one kind or other of creative mayhem all my life. Still I don't fit any description of them guys,...not one.


It could be that the only descriptions I've ever run into are about semi-existent white guys doing weird shit then getting insanely rich, and or dying. I think everybody has this problem.

The artist caste is as insular as any other. However unlike any other everybody more or less is one kind of artist or other. So a few guys figured out the only way to make the racket a going business would be to limit membership.

Which they did with amazing completeness.

Well okay sometimes they get a bit guilty about it, and clear a few square inches for "Outsider Art" or Comix book guys, but that's about all. Meanwhile Seven Billion folks are out there creating stuff all the time all over the place. All unrecognized. Maybe our stuff is to official artists unrecognizable as "art".

Like so much of their crap is to us.

The business of being a "Genius" has a similar limiting culture. Clearly you can only be one if you invent some weird shit that kills people or can be sold for zillions. I mean just look at who we call geniuses.

Okay maybe a few nice folks, but still look at 'em.

Btw there are Seven Billion of them unofficial geniuses too. Using their creativity to develop all manner of swell jazz. You don't know about them because none of it makes money or at least no one yet knows how to apply it.

'Course there are Seven Billion jerks fanatics assholes morons, and complete idiots too. Our last election, and world political mass delusions religions wars customs show that seriously well.

So to conclude the sermon we're a world of brilliant creative artistic geniuses with a strong habit of grand delusions vicious stupidity, and extreme violence.

Yep made in the image of da Gawds alright.


Life just fucking Sucks.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're so right, the art racket is a total crock. I'm not sure exactly whose fault it is; seems to me dealers, academics & the collectorship racket have at least as much to do with it as overinflated artists.

I hate glossy art magazines. I hate the Big Galleries and MOMAs. I detest the gatekeepers and doyennes of the Art Scene. They should all be eaten by mangy dogs.

Z

uncle1950uncle said...

All those titles for just being human that have been hijacked...artist genius star hero etc. They need to be liberated. Taken back from the few Alfa bi-peds that stole them for themselves for marketing, and glorifying a handful of assholes, and jerks.

I'm a gaddamn Star dammit!! ...a bleeping Genius too!

Each in our unique way so are you, and everybody else.