Friday, May 19, 2017

"A Dark, but Warm End"



A dream. It was I think the end of all things. I was in my aunt's house. It was long ago or maybe a kind of future. I was sitting with her as she slept. I looked away for a moment. When I tuned back she was gone.

Vanished.

The house so quiet. So dark. I stayed there for a long time. Then left. I walked the streets. All dark, but there were people about. These chatting even laughing. Flags all kinds were hung from windows. Faint music.

The midnight sky glowed.

I could see the outline of the Manhattan spires in the distance. Lighting silent striking their tips. A house trailer as long as a railway carriage drove itself off an overpass. It fell in slow motion twisting as it did. It crashed as if made of glass.

Millions of shards lit from within flying spinning.

All so slow. I sat, and watched as did some others. Sharp pieces landed at my feet. Each was a mirror into other realities people things places. I picked one up. Leaves stirred in a wind.

It went dark. They all did.

I was walking again. The strange midnight glow above. A wind picked up sharp it whistled in my ears, and it was warm grew warmer.

I slipped to wakefulness.

( Above another of my art things. Click for better view.)

No comments: