Saturday, May 20, 2017

"I Persist"


Well I'm enjoying hot soup on this now somewhat chilly day. This planetary climate alteration thing has us fried one day chipping ice off the walk the next...figuratively.

All part of this strange world I've lived into. Thing is I'm still not used to a non-demanding life since retirement. Forcible though it was. Other than the hospital when more of my parts fall off. There's really no place I 'need' to be.
Before I had responsibilities serious ones. As during the care-giving era of my, and my sister's life. Looking after aging, and seriously ill elders that we loved so. That, and when working I had shows to plan engineering shifts to prepare for. Internal political station warfare to contend with.

Now I just wake up, and well... I mean for a while I took classes went on long walks taking photos. 'Did art stuff, and such, but I think I'm now retired from that as well. As I told my former shrink, "...the world is getting away from me. I don't understand or seem to belong in it." Like my grandmother who was born at the very end of the 19th century, and lived to see us fly in the air go to the moon have the beginnings of full Civil Rights. That, and my heavens Queer Pride parades, and the very early digital age. Like her I feel a stranger in this even stranger land.

Like that book's title. "Still I Persist in Wondering"


'Be back later.

No comments: