Monday, May 15, 2017

"Eckk"



As you know besides everything else I'm a shape shifter. I find it easier to turn into cartoon characters as opposed to say a radioactive toaster. Anyway there I am what's her name from "Alice",...guess that makes me "Alice' sleeping, and healing.

I'm also the cat.

Them witch doctors said it would be towards summer before I got back on my feet. Given how many times I've near fallen on my face both at home, and out in the world yeah. They might have been on to something.

I'm drooling now too.

Just for a moment this afternoon, but it happened. Swell. I'm leaving busted parts behind me like a 1956 Oldsmobile that insists on still being on the road...then there's that coughing crap been going on. Yeah I should go back to the hospital about that.

So far no way.



( Jebus I look all old fucked up,...okay I'm fucked up old, but still.)

I digress.

That last time I went to the hospital I was incarcerated for over two weeks. I had four surprise surgeries, and witnessed horrors I could have done without.

Look like I sez I'll just die here at home peacefully watching really bad science fiction movies on Netflix. I feel like crap. I'm always weak crazy dizzy, and pissed off...well not always...mostly.

So that's it. I'm still alive.

Next question.

Btw Sharon, and Paul I keep meaning to call...first I lost my phone again...then found it again. Then got distracted then fell asleep. I do that rather a lot...sleep.

Doing a bunch of art work. This comes in spurts...excuse the expression. Crap now I'm dizzy again...I'm taking a nap.


Be back later...loves you. All six of you.

(...it is actually about six, and I do loves you all.)



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a bummer you had to go through all this. I know what you mean about being incarcerated in the hospital; I was only stuck there for 2 1/2 days once, and I soon grew to hate it; I was *so* glad to get outta there.

You look tired, really exhausted. My guess is they probably were telling the truth about needing to rest up til sometime in early summer, and that you really will feel better by then - maybe not ready to wrestle polar bears, but back in the land of the living; least ways I hope so.

My fave way of coping with downtimes is to recount to myself the most comforting, security-blanket-like episodes from the GN I wrote years ago (I gotta get back to that some time), or books I read as a child, or maybe my fave old tv shows from the 60s - you know, deep philosophically challenging material like I Dream of Jeanie. The Addams Family is about as dark as you want to get.

That's my suggestion - a complete hiatus from reality & from the issues of our time, and total immersion in Narnia, Toad Hall, or whatever cultural artifacts give you the most comfort & nourishment. Avoid politics like the poison that it is. Just rest your mind & spirit on what makes you feel good.

Z

Anonymous said...

We all love you Uncle Syd! Hang in there!

uncle1950uncle said...

"Fat Freddy's Cat"

That old underground comix was da kat's meow...and it's all still in print!

uncle1950uncle said...

Thanks for coming to my death bed dear comrades,...loves ya both.

Now about them other four folks...

Hey it's not like ya has to put on your shoes, and drive all the way over here.

Com'on I'm fucking dying over here lay on the sympathy.

A bucket of vanilla ice cream would be nice too,...hold the almonds.

Them damned things get stuck in what's left of my teeth.