Wednesday, May 10, 2017

"Oh Fuck this Shit"


Not that it makes much difference, but I think that near two months of constant medication has made me insane. Did I mention the bathroom roof just caved in,...again. Seems to come down every two years or so. The building is 120 years old more or less so this is expected,...still.

Anyway the guys fixed the giant leak, and are putting up yet a new roof. Ain't we got fun. However back to being insane. A nice trip to the park or the Coney Island Boardwalk for some sun, and good air would help. However it's been damp humid raining, and cold for about two months now.

The bleeping winter was warm. It was in the 50f's to low 60's for the whole thing. Okay we were skirted by two very short Artic Vortex's. One for a day, and a half the other for four days. That, and three wet slushy snow things.

We were in for a storm of yet another decade...three feet with eight foot drifts of snow. However as usual it turned literally at the last second went north, and blew the shit out of them instead. Figures.

That was the entirety of the winter...we got about a weeks worth.


Now Spring is cold. It's been in the low forties for the whole shebang...and no heat. They turn it off at the beginning of April no matter the actual temperature...which is illegal, but hey.

So multiple operations that I wish had killed me so I'd be out of this mess. Cold wet weather, and the flu thanks to no heating, and my fucking bathroom collapses...again.

I find myself actually wanting summer to dry everything out, and give us some actual sun for a while...I usually hate summer with a passion. however times change.

More as things get worse.

'Be back later

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The weather here also has displayed much multiple personality disorder. Fortunately things have settled into their usual pattern these last few days, and this pleases me.

Sorry about the roof thing; but trust me, it's better than a toilet backup. I'd rather not think about how many of those I've had to deal with.

As for the heat, your landlord should be nailed by a class action suit. To deprive people of heat when they need it is a form of endangerment.

Z

Z

uncle1950uncle said...

"...To deprive people of heat when they need it is a form of endangerment."

No kidding, but this is New York where landlords have actually killed, and walked. They own this Burg. One day there will be trials, and beheadings. Till then we all make do.

The guys are coming again today to finish up.

The dawn has broke chilly overcast, and damp. Again. I'm watching Netflix documentaries about WW2. These things cheer me up. Ya know the defeat of evil, and all that. A pal is sharing her account with me as I stitch myself back together.

Folks can be cool.

Btw never any toilet backups here so far. That part of the century old plumbing seem to still work. Perhaps I should put up votive candles around the thing to keep it that way. I'll ask at my botanica if there are such things.

"Oh toilet votives?"

"...yeah third row over next to the werewolves, and zombie repellent stuff."

"Say there's a sale on unwanted spirits of relatives spray row six if ya interested." I said I'd have a look.

I just loves this town.