Friday, September 29, 2017

"2023 C.E."



I found a forbidden copy of  "Wild Boys" by the now criminalized 20th century author William Burroughs. This in a used book stall. I'm amazed there's one still around. I mean after the "Literary Purity, and Religious Freedom Act" was passed. I paid in Bitcoin script, and hid it under my shirt. I took it home turned out all the lights. I climbed into my hall closet with a flash light. I crouch, and slowly open to the first page.

Suddenly police dogs barking a chopper hovering overhead with search lights stabbing through the curtains. The sound of boots stomping up my building's stairs.

Life in Tomorrowland.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

William Blake

The Garden of Love

I went to the Garden of Love,
And saw what I never had seen:
A Chapel was built in the midst,
Where I used to play on the green.

And the gates of this Chapel were shut,
And ‘Thou shalt not’ writ over the door;
So I turn'd to the Garden of Love
That so many sweet flowers bore;

And I saw it was filled with graves,
And tomb-stones where flowers should be;
And priests in black gowns were walking their rounds,
And binding with briars my joys and desires.

Anonymous said...

You are right! In fact, life in "tomorrowland" seems to be coming even sooner than anyone could have guessed.

Anonymous said...

The story of our fucking lives.

Z

Anonymous said...

"Wild, dark times are rumbling toward us, and the prophet who wishes to write a new apocalypse will have to invent entirely new beasts, and beasts so terrible that the ancient animal symbols will seem like cooing doves and cupids in comparison."

"Where they have burned books, they will end in burning human beings."

-Heinrich Heine

uncle1950uncle said...

Is it something I said?

Anonymous said...

I gotta get that book.

Z