Wednesday, September 6, 2017

"A Walk in the Park"



I woke up the other morning, and said "Bleep it I'm going to the damned park".
There's the west side of the Brooklyn Museum above.
It's right next to the park.


I've been coming here since I was eight or nine. I used to run up these steps. They've since become somewhat more of a chore.


I ran into "2nd grade teacher Barbie"

She was on a walk-about before classes start this week. She said the little monsters get worse every year. I gave here a few hits of valium to hold, and said good luck.







The Rose Garden is usually pretty burnt this time of the season.
A whole summer of harsh sunlight, and little rain.
However a few brave survivors were still with us.


Speaking of burnt Roses. It was hot as bleep that day. Summer making a last stand. I sweated buckets. I know I lost pounds out there. However it was still swell to be out, and about.
I love this town with it's wonderful symphony of peoples, and languages.



I passed "2nd grade teacher Barbie" on my way out. She was standing in the same spot. I think she took the valium.
Considering what she's in for this year I don't blame her.

'And so home I stumbled.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a beautiful park. I like the Museum too.

Z

Padraig said...

Some years ago a friend worked at the Museum. While visiting my friend at the Museum I noted an abstract work. The description stated that it had been paid for during the depression by the WPA.

I was amazed.

The government paid out of work artists to make art.

Our current president would not know art, even if it jumped up in his lap and nipped off his tally wacker.

uncle1950uncle said...

...don't get me started.