Friday, September 15, 2017

"Da Wisdom of Age"


                                My own self on the actual day of my retirement.
                                   My for real last day on the radio,...fuck'em.
A pal of mine, not yet retired, was complaining about office lighting. I posted to him: All office lighting is bad. It's designed to make everyone look grey. This way no one will become friends, and more work will be done. The person that invented such lighting, and other evil things to make more money for themselves should be chastised.
I suggest tying them up, and putting them in booths on the Coney Island Boardwalk.

There for two cents a throw so everyone gets plenty of hits. For two cent you get to throw live lobsters at these guys till they learn their lesson. Justice in action. Oh, and they'll be forced to replace all that harsh white light with nice soft amber lighting to put everybody in a good mood.

My comrade then complained about having to shave all the time for work.

To this I posted: I haven't shaved in eight days, but then I'm retired so no one cares what I look like. Haven't showered in three days either. However I live alone so that's okay. However I've found after two weeks or so even I notice. I mean I'll go, "...hey what's that smell?" Then I'll take a shower.

However I might not shave. This because after retirement nothing matters especially the opinions of others. I mean fuck'em. This is the great blessing of being an old guy. You don't care about shit, and shit don't care about you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lighting is very important. You remember those time lapse sequences from nature movies where you see flowers opening in real time? The guy who invented that became an expert in the effects of various kinds of lighting on living organisms. I've read an in-depth interview with him. He and a team of scientists conducted an experiment involving school kids in Florida. One classroom had incandescent lighting, the other had fluorescent. Over a semester or two, the kids with incandescent lighting did significantly better in school than the others, had fewer behavior problems, and one third fewer dental cavities. After the results were published, GE rigged a fake study to "disprove" them.

The guy's general conclusions were as follows. From a *health* standpoint, fluorescent lighting is terrible. LED's are bad for you. Those twisty neon fluorescents put out microwaves and are bad for you. The only acceptable lighting for regular human exposure are incandescent and halogen lights. One of them - I think it's incandescent - put out a little bit of radiation and so it is well to install them in a lamp of leaded crystal; the lead will block out the radiation.

Z

uncle1950uncle said...

Even as a child sitting in class under those buzzing things. Even then I knew there was something wrong. Besides making everything look ugly there was something really not right with them. In some ways this lighting of the world with such an ugly unnatural device says much about what we are. What we have let ourselves be turned into.

By their works you will shall know them.

Anonymous said...

Just so.

BTW, the photographer-researcher's name was John Ott. I found the interview:

https://www.motherearthnews.com/nature-and-environment/john-ott-zm0z86zhun

Z