Saturday, September 2, 2017

"Life, and Times",...again.


So there I was minding my own damned business trying to sleep when all fucking hell breaks loose. It felt like a stroke or heart attack coming on. I bleeping googled it not 'wanting' ever to go back to a hospital. I checked the list out. Sure enough I had every heart attack symptom there was.

So at one bleeping am I called the meat wagon to get me to that slaughterhouse.


When they think you've got either a stroke or heart attack "in coming" they make room for you in a big way...scarred the shit out'a me. They was pushing victims with bleeding wounds out of the way getting me to the ER!

They worked me over good too.

They actually cut my t-shirt off me when I went into shakes. They were all ready to do their thing on me. I was attached to everything in the room. After some minutes they calmed down...didn't tell me shit, but I could see the fun for over.

Muscle spasms massive internal gas build up, and dehydration.

Next time I'm pretty sure it'll be for real or so I told one of my doctors. I asked "what are my odds." I was told to exercise eat right try to have a positive attitude that sort of bullshit. I told her "I'm a breath from 70", and wanted it straight. "How long have I got".  '...just like they say in the movies...I said it! She dodged the point by saying as they always do that I'm in very "good health for my age".

In other words don't make any long term plans Buster.

...and here we are.

What's for lunch?

Anyway they fixed all that muscle spasm stuff up with meds shots'n stuff. '...gave me a prescription for gas. They also gave me an I.V. of valium since I went into for the first time an extreme anxiety panic attack...even got the freaking shakes. Couldn't control it. It just came on involuntarily. They said it sometimes happens to people my age after a trauma. Really? Well first time for 'me' comrade.

Swell.

Six hours later they gave me transport home.

Btw being shirtless they gave me one of them open butt smock things to wear on the way. Think I'll put it on for Halloween.

'...and that's what I did on my summer vacation.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry you had another hospital ordeal. But I'm glad it turned out no worse.

In case it makes you feel better, over here we're having a heat wave the likes of which I've never experienced. Yesterday it was 104. My house has no air conditioning, no insulation, lots of unshuttered windows, and my fan went kaput a while ago. I've been to Bangkok; it was worse than that last night. Today I'm spending time at a nice air conditioned cafe or library.

Z

uncle1950uncle said...

We have "Cooling Centers". We've been having 100f, and near 100f summers for some time now. The body count among the poor, and elderly was becoming embarrassing for the City. So the centers. There's one around the corner from me.

Mind you I have "THREE" count'em three a.c. units. Two stay installed, and one for a back up. I stopped taking them out about six years ago. This because we stopped having winters. 70f on Christmas for three years in a row if ya gets my drift.

Comrade even if things are tuff get a unit. It's not a luxury.

These are very cheap sometimes under a $100. on sale. Buy one now at the end of the season. I got my third one in November for $58. In high summer the same thing went for $175 at the same store.

You may only need it for a few weeks a month at most through the rough part of summer...worth the sacrifice. Well that or a block of ice with a fan behind it.

Please be careful.

Oddly this is the coolest summer we've had since before 9/11. Only one short heatwave. Right now fall is here. Temps in the 70f's to 50's at night. Today I had to wear a sweat shirt for the first time since early May.