Wednesday, January 10, 2018

"...Laughs"


Here's radio WBAI's R.Paul Martin, and Sharon...aka "Radio's Pickles of the North!" This photo taken in my tiny office when I was the station's Operations Head. These are my dearest pals...eh besides all the other dearest pals.

A story. When I was houseless for over a year. When I wasn't sleeping in my office or machine-room. These folks would take me in for weekends...I wouldn't stay longer as to not impose. I was able to bathe dine with friends sleep safely, and keep some fragments of my dignity thanks to them.

I believe my sister, and they saved my life.

The Crowns are a Brit/Commonwealth tradition at Christmas, The Three Kings that came with gifts to see the Child in the manger. Sharon is Canadian so respects the tradition. When we all go over to their place for Holiday Dinner we wear Crowns. ....we pop "Crackers" too!

As for sleeping over when I first posted this pic a few years ago a friend William George said:

"I think one of the secrets of the Beat Generation getting by, was their living in each other's apartments, sharing necessities. I get that from seeing pictures taken inside Allen Ginsberg's apartment."

Yeah I kinda get that from photos of the Beats too. One sees later famous beatniks in the background. They're sleeping on the floor or eating Chinese food near off camera. A worthy tradition by my pals. I've since done it sometimes for comrades myself.

If you can share food shelter, and laughs.

...it's why we're here.

No comments: