Thursday, January 11, 2018

"...we will miss her"



I was just watching old 1950's episodes online of the "Mickey Mouse Club". That, and musing on my life. The journey from there to here, and the things that did, and did not happen between these points. I was watching sections of Disney's "Peter Pan" as well.

All this in touching relics of a life.

Then I find that a childhood friend has left. A friend from TV which in that sense never happened, but TV then as the 'net now has a kind of strange magic. So she was my Magical friend.

Doreen is gone.

"Doreen Tracey, one of the original Mouseketeers on the fabled kids program The Mickey Mouse Club, has died. She was 74.
Tracey died Wednesday at Los Robles Hospital and Medical Center in Thousand Oaks, California, after a two-year battle with cancer, Disney publicist Howard Green announced.
A kid with a vivacious personality, Tracey appeared on Disney's Mickey Mouse Club throughout its original 1955-59 run on ABC. The series then lived on for decades in syndication.
"Our Dodo, as we lovingly nicknamed her, always had a smile on her face," fellow Mouseketeer Tommy Cole said in a statement. "She never failed to make us all feel good, and we will miss her."

...BBC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had a similar issue when I learned of the death of Jack Wild about ten years ago. He was the kid who played the Artful Dodger in that old musical “Oliver!” Later he had a TV show, H.R. Pufnstuff. He was very talented and pretty cute too. He died about age 53 from too much smoking & drinking. I was kind of broken up about it.

Z

uncle1950uncle said...

Yes I heard about this as well. Child actors are used up sometimes literally fucked. Then when they're not cute anymore tossed out like an unwanted pet onto the streets to fend for themselves.

This just keeps happening.

If I had acting talent, and was very young. I'd wait before starting. I'd wait till I grew up, and could defend myself. That, and would always be watching my back.