Sunday, November 19, 2017

"Howl"


So far today. Just getting over a bad cold. I'm sitting reading looking out the window went out for a
bit surfed the 'net so much confused rage, and pain all over it shut it off ate some cookies...most of a box did some small repairs...spackle on little cracks at the base boards read some more went back on the web, and watched old footage of German soldiers surrendering.

Signal Corps footage all silent.

Old men young boys surrendering. Their numb faces blank. Underneath in the YouTube comments people posting racist pro-Nazi stuff. I sat thinking about the past present future. I think we're the only animals that do this. Maybe the cetaceans too, but mostly just us.
It's cold now. I needed my winter coat when I went out. Everything had that late fall light. The sun at a lower angle. The colors fading to brown on the trees winter coming leaves to fall soon. Read more.

Then...

I remembered what I wanted to tell you. Years ago. I'd do the midnight to six am on air shift. This happened because many hosts sometimes just wouldn't show up or the recorded programs just weren't around. So as the on duty engineer I'd read stories, and play music.

This to keep company with whoever was out there.

Sometimes my radio pals were about. Max Anne Sharon R. Paul. We'd hold forth by telling stories of our collective century of on air radio adventures. Sometimes spontaneously I'd howl like a wolf. I'd howl, and howl. My dear friends would howl with me. I invited all listening to join. We'd howl into the deep deep night. We in the studio, and those alone with their radios howling.

We all of us would howl into the dawn.

No comments: