Friday, November 24, 2017

"...treasures"


I was invited to dinner by old radio comrades Paul, and Sharon. We had a swell time yacking about old times, and the current end of the world,...again. A great feast was enjoyed by all, and many thanks to Paul, and Sharon for putting this evening together. It was so good to be with old dear friends. I guess that's what this time of years is about. None of us should take the kind moments for granted,...they're not. These are treasures. Sacred ones.

I had just got back to my digs when there's a knock on the door.

It was my upstairs neighbors. They'd brought me down another Thanksgiving dinner! They said they knew I lived alone, and seemed somewhat house bound. They had been concerned.
Anyway they said if I needed anything even just to talk. I should just come up they'd help. ??!!!

Heavens,...this has the makings of a Frank Capra movie.

I'm surrounded by good souls. For a time now like so many of us I've been overwhelmed tired hopeless cynical. I expected nothing like this, but here it is. I am moved amazed, and happy. I'm apparently not as alone as I had imagined. Old friends, and unexpected new ones. Indeed such times we live in. I hope your day was as blessed as mine...peace.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That’s great. So glad you had such a good Turkey Day. Amazing about the neighbors too. Who’d a thunk?

Sooooo True about kind moments too.

Z

uncle1950uncle said...

Yeah nice evening,...who knew there was so much cool shit, and such good folks still out there running around loose. MY dear old pals, and my upstairs comrades in relative poverty.

At first I didn't wanna leave the house addicted to depression, and madness as I've become...I'm still depressed anxious nuts, and all. Just a little less today though.

Hope things worked out cool at your end.

Well I have to go now. '...have to finish them pipe bombs I'm gonna toss at Santa.