Sunday, November 19, 2017

"Inking"










India Ink!  When I was a kiddie we used India ink pens. They came with cartridges of ink ya had to put in them. Ball point pens were forbidden...????  Still don't know why other than they were new, and might be the tools of Satan.

I went to Catholic school...nuff said.

Anyway the desks we sat in had actual ink wells built into to them. The school was built in 1912, and these were the original desks. Complete with carved graffiti from the early part of the 20th century.

Amazing that.

The place is 108 years old now, and still turning out semi-literate basket cases. Tradition is a very important thing! Anyway if I'm feeling better during the week I'm off to get some small bottles of dear old India Ink!  

Seems in the end we somehow always return to where we started.



(I drew the above Faerie back in the late 1970's using a metal nib pen, and some venerable India Ink. I later went on to gel pens. They're cleaner, and far easier to use.)

This modest example was done about the same time as the 
1970's rear projection.
I'd post later more entertaining subjects.
However these I'm told are now questionable.
The page could be deleted.
No more full frontal faeries I fear.

Progress.


Though here's another "innocent" page
from a little 'Zine I did also in the mid-70's
I think this is safe enough for our
Enlightened Age.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

India Ink is made from soot, you know. Carbon is forever - like diamonds, which are made from it.

Our Enlightened Age needs to shove its head just a little further up its arse so as to start gazing out its navel.

Z

uncle1950uncle said...

We must continue to create no matter the haters book burners or killers of Dreams.