Saturday, February 17, 2018

"...cruel"


Former CIA/FBI official Phillip Mudd broke down on CNN over the school shooting. He was laughed at in posts by the rightwing gun bubble as fake news. I hate what we are now. I hate that 28% of us that so wants a world of murder, and darkness.

I feel the same way as Mr. Mudd.

With all of these shootings I took it in my stride. It's just what America is willing to live with for it's guns. However this time I broke down like this man. There comes a time that you can't take it anymore. When all of it. All the cruel evil madness we allow even laugh at becomes too awful too unbearable.

I can't sleep I can't function I can't do anything. I guess all of the shootings, and ugly incidents over the years just finally hit me all at once. I'm watching 50's/60's vintage Saturday morning cartoons on YouTube. This is the best at this time I can do.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

"We're comic. We're all comics. We live in a comic time. And the worse it gets the more comic we are." – William Gaddis

uncle1950uncle said...

I laugh to tears.

Anonymous said...

Definitely stick with the cartoons. Personally, I never watch CNN or the like. Dr. Who, Monty Python, alternate train set universes - this is our sane zone.

In his trilogy on American decline, Morris Berman cited stats on the decline of empathy in American college students. As of 10 or 15 years ago, it was down 40 percent from mid-20th century levels. It’s probably worse now.

I find ironic our obsession with safety. We never let kids walk to school now. We deliver them safely by SUV to a place where they are likely to be shot.

Z

uncle1950uncle said...

...tears.