Monday, February 26, 2018

"The Living End"


...A video of my latter years.
Drone-camera glides about my darken digs. Paint peeling away. Windows broken. No matter since it's summer year round. Half curled cracked yellowed poster of Jimmy Hendrix on the wall. A water replicator in the kitchen as piped water was cut off years ago in the rationing. Some tattered comic books scattered about. My old flat screen TV in the corner unused in over a decade since everything is online now.
Then the camera slowly floats up to me. I'm 92, and in my old reading chair. An IV of meds nutrients, and cocaine cola stabbed into my few functioning veins. These feedings btw maintained by "Satan on Wheels" a private charity that like many others filled the niche left when they abolished Medicare Social Security, and kindness.
I look like shit. More like 292 than 92, but so what. I'm wearing my sniper proof safety helmet got my FCC elder-plan VR-AI goggles on, and I'm happily in the cyber-realm. My favorite download of the semi-legal "1957 Naked Boy Scout's Jamboree, and Dadaist Ballet".
My "Satan-on Wheels" do-gooder home visitors checks my signs,...yep breathing, and brain waves still there. Checks my online status yep still in the "Ballet". That, and with a meds induced big shit-eating grin on my aged face.
The crew signs off on my account, and goes next door to check on the 110 year old retired fireman. That guy is always downloading "West World",...thinks he's a cowboy.
It's the end of the world, but everybody's happy.
The End.

No comments: