Sunday, February 4, 2018

"...hope"



I made this piece one morning years ago to show to my shrink. Above is a photo I made of it. Turns out it isn't what's in the piece,...but what's not. I had intended to make a dark grim work as a way of telling my Doc the about the Hell I'm trapped in.
I figured it would be easier with pictures...I grew tired of words...same old sob story all that.

Well it came out entirely different than I had intended. It's,...Hopeful.

The only part that survives of my original intent is the Black Bird which I meant to be me. I was supposed to be flying in grey skies over an apocalyptic landscape. I think my inner self yearns for Hope, and Beauty, and it moved my fingers to say so. ...well wadda ya know.

How I did it.

I made a drawing of the bird..cut it out painted it black. ...overlaid three layers of construction paper at he top...put the silhouette of the bird there. ..a Swallow.
The lower section is in three parts. Each from images of a sun set. Both top, and bottom portions were then glued to a red background.

I left parts of the wings unglued to give it a three dimensional hint. ...shadow, and that....as opposed to a flat
pasted blah. It took about 3 hours to put together.

I made a gift of the piece to my doctor when she left for another hospital.

She asked me to sign it. I was so moved. Professional distance, and all that.
Still the wonder of what happened as opposed to what was intended.

This is a little Miracle of the Soul. 

No comments: