Thursday, February 15, 2018

"Storefront Sermon #4,658


I have not been kind or brave when I should have been. Not thoughtful humorous forgiving nor patient.

I just wanna get by.

Yet I feel obligated by instinct my better Angels to try.

With each trying to be just a bit more.

I think this may be all Eternity asks.


"Pastoral Note"

While writing this something else came to me. In something as arrogant personal, and primal as a sermon. One should always say "I", never "we".
One should always be the subjective self.
To invoke others, ..."We are all sinners". We all are, but that's besides the point. To do this unless given specific permission is just bad form.

Really. How dare we drag anyone else into our well intended thought likely deluded visions. No matter how much fun it might be.
Also brevity is important.
Put your audience out of their misery are fast as you can.
Com'on they have things to do. 
(...note this is much longer than the sermon.)




No comments: