Thursday, December 14, 2017

"...a walk"


This evening I went out for a rather cold constitutional about my 'Hood. It was about 10pm which is still somewhat early here in the Emerald City. However the streets were empty. It being 24f with a light snow may have had something to do with it.

Most avoid this season as much as they can. I for reasons unknown love, and enjoy it. This was the equivalent of a walk on a sunny June day for me. Go figure.

I wandered along Eastern Parkway. Once a 17th century deer trail, up to Brooklyn Museum/Prospect Park. This the older sister of Central Park. "Prospect" being the feasibility study. I stumbled there, and back. This a mile round trip. Btw my walking is a bit better. A month ago I could never have done this.

Snow. I wasn't expecting this. I've since checked. Nothing big coming our way. Though the Mid-West, and much of our North-East regions are getting hit rather hard. Our turn will come soon enough. This winter is of two minds as to if it will be another very warm one or a "normal" one,...we'll see.

I stopped at the deli on the way back, and treated myself to a few luxuries. Some tangerines, and nuts. Cashews! Loves them. Though sadly unsalted. No choice for me there. Still cashews are cashews. Which btw I'm enjoying as I post.

As I said earlier it's the small pleasant things that keep us in the game. I remember something my late brother John said to me about living a life. "No matter how your circumstance may change. Even if you can only get one small jar of jam for dinner. Make it the finest jam you can get because your dignity deserves it".

This is how I try to live my life then, and now.

A safe, and warm winter to you all. 

No comments: