Wednesday, March 21, 2018

"Surprise Blizzard Today"


What should have been the usual chilly rain, and slush turned into a for real fucking Blizzard. Usually I welcome climatic disasters. These are fun to watch. However this time I'm mostly just fed up with weird weather, and the ongoing end of the world.

I'd rather watch old movies, and eat surgery things that might give me a stroke or diabetic shock.


See above as I age. Good grief! I should look in the mirror more often.
I had no idea I was this old.
I look like a fucking mummy in a snow storm. 
I really now look like my dad just before he kicked the bucket.

I read that the life expectancy for Black guys is 66.5 which means I've been dead for a while. Then I read further.
Seems they raised it to like 72 or something. Have no idea how 'that' happened. I thought it was going much lower.

So I still have a couple of years to raise hell.

I feel better already.

3 comments:

Padraig said...

Sydney I have to admit that I hope that you live longer than the three score and ten, in good health and spirits, and with all your wit. This because I enjoy reading the news from the Royal Republic.

Out of curiosity I looked up the verse from the 90th psalm from which people draw the reference to seventy years:

Our days may come to seventy years, or eighty, if our strength endures; yet the best of them are but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away.

If find the complete lack of comfort on offer a comfort. I suppose some might call that perverse. I can live with it.

uncle1950uncle said...

Yeah boy what a downer that always was.

"...Ye though life sucks shit we, but get so little of the fucked up stinky taste. Would that we could have the whole shit pie, and a spoon all to ourselves blessed be."

Not encouraging.

maybe something like,...

"Thank ye you demented maniacs in the skies!"

"This for our long happy rich weird lives."

"Now we go to fucking heaven where we'll drive around in 1957 Thunderbirds get drunk on heavenly booze snort the best fucking cocaine in the universe chow down on the best burgers in all eternity, and never pay taxes...ever again."

"We'll chat about eternity with the sages of old while having our cocks sucked by magical boy Angels while we write really bad poetry, and basically have a swell time."

This I think would be more like it,...at least to start. The above being just the first day orientation into entry level paradise.
March 23, 2018 at 5:39 AM

Padraig said...

...the whole shit pie, and a spoon all to ourselves ...

The more I read that the more I smile. Shit eating grin?