Thursday, March 29, 2018

"Time, and Again"



Speaking of the "Way Back Machine" Here's a blog post of mine from September 22, 2007.

"Hi gang. Happy daze! Two of my favorite things are back. Fall, and my free ranging kat Gracie. She that whole block looks after, and chilly winds have come back to the bosom of my affections.

Besides that I just have to tell you this.

It just happened as I put the period on the last sentence. The phone rings. I'm right now in the newsroom of Wbai radio where I work. The call was from the head of public relations for the United Nations. Yeah,...'that' United Nations."

"Seems some our nuttier listeners, which is most of them, have been besieging the U.N. with incoherent calls. All this stems from some Drive-Time host yesterday attacking the U.N. This in a seriously sweaty way for reasons that aren't clear..
I tell' ya folks you can't make this stuff up.
Anyhow the upshot is they're going to lift our press accreditation if we don't tell these loonies to back off.
How about that.
Here I am minding my own business, and the whole U.N. calls up to threaten me. Most folks are only threatened by the electric company,...or ex-boy or girl friends. However I got the whole U.N. on the phone giving me hell."


"Where else could this happen!
I just love New York,...and so does Gracie!"
Above was 11 years ago,...I've had a weird life.

Btw "Gracie" was an electric, and or enchanted cat. How this happened who knows. However it made finding her in the dark easy.
(...there she is above. By now she's been long in Kat Heaven.)



No comments: