Saturday, June 10, 2017

"...old friend"


I've just been told a dear old friend has passed away. Joyce West whom some of the radio WBAI wbai.org old hands may remember. Her daughter Halo called to tell me the sad news. Joyce, and I were 'very' close back in the 1980's, and stayed in touch through the years.

I remember once getting a post card from her. It was from a castle in Hungry where she was teaching Hungarian army officers to speak English. Well that or Upper West-Sidese. For years I was her radio engineer, and pal. When my father then my mother began their end passages she was a great comfort to me.
She was a bright soul. Brilliant funny patient. I will miss her dearly.

A memorial, and catered gathering will be held in Manhattan at RIVERSIDE MEMORIAL ON AMSTERDAM UWS
5:30 PM This Sunday, June 11th 2017.

It's interesting. I had an unspoken feeling something was coming something in the web that joins us in a special way. For example out of the blue,...I thought. I've been cleaning my digs. I mean in a serious way.
On my knees to get into every tiny corner with cleansers. I went hunting dust, and stains...still am now that I know what this is about. I just had the need to be doing. Changing.

A life leaves we change.

With a passing some cut off their hair give away possessions. In some cultures even dwellings are burned. Me I burned away all of the all dust, and grime from before. Making a clean fresh rebirth. A life leaves a life begins. However the life ended stays with us till we ourselves leave,...and she will.


Amen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you've lost a good friend. It seems in a sense you're lucky, in that apparently you've had a lot more real friends than I have. I guess losing them is the downside of that.

Z

uncle1950uncle said...

Some what.

As for those in my life...I didn't seek them. They came to me. In this I'm very blessed. Though their leaving is hard. They come to me again in dreams often. I imagine a big blow out Bar-B-Q in some heavenly Broadcast Seminar in the sky where the gang will be together hanging out, and causing trouble.

It is such that keeps me somewhat sane.