Tuesday, June 6, 2017

"Remeberance of days Past"


We had a 1950 Buick...holes on the side of the hood of course. These were built from melted down WW2 Sherman tanks my Dad always said. We stayed a Buick family for all of my years at home. The last was a 1976 model. After that everybody started dying. My folks aunts uncles...they all left early from environmental cancers.

I ended up with the Buick.

Though other than to turn the engine over I never drove. I eventually gave it to a cousin who used it to drive to Washington State...where he started a family, and now as a grey bearded grandfather yet lives there.



'Still has our Buick he said to me a while ago. It's in his barn. The damned thing will outlast us all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have one, count 'em, one living relative left from my parents' generation. All the rest died at least ten years ago. Recently she told me that as a young girl one day she heard a huge cacophony of noise bursting out all over town for she knew not what reason: fog horns, sirens, car horns, you name it. She had no idea what it was all about.

The end of World War II.

Z

uncle1950uncle said...

She was ever so lightly touch by history. Great history.

We remember in these current days the storming of Festung Europa by a Crusading Army of Liberation. That doesn't happen much I mean armies nations almost never do such things. However the evil they fought was so extreme. So much so that the business as usual of nations had to stop. Stop, and put the evil down.

It turns out that 'some' kinds of cruelty are so wrong so evil they're actually 'bad' for business.