Sunday, April 1, 2018

"Church"


So I went to Church. I didn't ignite either. Yes my old Parish Church Saint Matthews on the Parkway. I spent many dark years in that place. The school, and the church.

Still it had it's moments.

Like the time that statue of Saint Teresa of Avila moved, and spoke to some of the girls in my class. The church doesn't like personal revelations. They prefer things go through the main office.
Well the bishop came the whole deal.
The girls, and the whole class was told to shut the hell up about it,...and we did. It was our own personal "X-File". I love a Mystery.


There she is above 50+ years older. ...not talking today though.

In any case there I was in the womb of Holy Mother Church. The pastor said as how it was both April Fools, and Easter on the same day. Hadn't happened in 62 or so years. He went on, "...so let us all be fools for G-d" I can't argue with that.


I was struck by the faith of the congregation. I haven't witnessed such in some time. Granted it was the traditional Catholic cosmology in play. However they Believed. Not a doubt other than mine in sight. I was moved.


Btw I even dressed up.
I never do this for anyone or anything. However today was different.
I went to see an old friend. She was still there, and just as patient as ever.

Now that I look at it again. I would have made a good looking lawyer.

"Well okay your Honor so my client built a Hydrogen Bomb in his basement. Still ya has to admire his craftsmanship.
Eh,...if not his intent."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you're looking good Sid.

uncle1950uncle said...

...hey I try.

Padraig said...

You are looking sharp!