Monday, April 16, 2018

"More than Enough"


I just looked at my Stats. I forgot all about them. Haven't looked since the fall. As blogs go no one is here. Well more than enough for me personally, but a real blog would be panicked.

I remember them days. I had a Queer blog with 800k unique views back in the day. That was considered "moderate" numbers then. Imagine. Ya know I had fans in both Israel, 'and' the Palestinian Authority. Can't keep good Queers down!

Anyway I note that here I have about two thousand views a month,...roughly. About 50 folks a day come by. By standup numbers a small, but cozy house. For a one person stage show "cozy".

This is more than enough for me,...welcome.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

“Never depend on the admiration of others. There is no strength in it. Personal merit cannot be derived from an external source. It is not to be found in your personal associations, nor can it be found in the regard of other people.”

- Epictetus

Z

uncle1950uncle said...

I know. Being in the Biz I saw fans turn on friends in a second. Still I'm fine with having 50 or so folks passing through. On the whole they never bother me. What little contract I have with them is positive.

Though I average maybe three or four serious personal attacks in a decade. However of course you're right. One should never let the opinions of others good or bad affect your work.

A serious note.

I've had one death threat since 2006. This was from a political operative at the radio station I was with then. An activist saw me as an "inauthentic" Black. This since my shows were not entirely race centered.

I told him such was irrelevant as we could both be shot dead by cops regardless.

So I just do what I do.

"Cozy."

Padraig said...

So how many of Uncle Sydney's readers are given to quoting Epictetus?

I don't see why more folks don't follow your blog. This is the place to receive the authentic Sydney Smith experience. Original artworks and curios, curated or created by a man with a message.

One of my favorite sayings of Epictetus:

"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid."

uncle1950uncle said...

Well I've got the "Stupid" part good.

Also it seems my fans are generally neat smarty pants. So may well have looked in on that Epictetus guy, as well as Krazy Kat. That, and I thank you for being there along with comrade Z all these centuries.

Perhaps I should institute the "Uncle Sydney Crack Pipe of Merit" for notable comrades, and fans.