Saturday, April 21, 2018

"HOLY FUCK!!!"


Well interesting day. I was asleep late this morning then awakened by smoke. The hallway was thick floor to ceiling with dark grey smoke. The downstairs apartment was ablaze. I mean Blazing like in the movies,...as in Fire! Everybody got out.

Two rooms totaled downstairs. 

Smoke damage in the my living room. Smells like a campfire. Of course everything will smell like smoke. Few days of this a fireman said.
I still have bouts of nausea. ...barfing. However everyone is alive, and well which is all that matters.

All I have to do is laundry, and mopping. The guys came up, and opened one of my baseboards.
They were concerned the fire went between the walls,...fires seem to do this. So slight damage. See before, and after,...I'm like that.
So a real life adventure. These happen.



Of course I cleaned up at once! Chapter 38 section16, para 4. Of the Thoughtful New Yorker's Handbook. "If you can't be chic be tidy."

I'm going to try to nap...exhausted still a bit yucky. Showered after I cleaned. The smoke smell is starting to lift. Still making folks a bit ill, and all.

Just hit me what really just happened. We're so fortunate we all really are. It could have gone very badly as the firemen, and women said. They mentioned these old turn of the 20th century buildings,..."Pre-War as in WW1". These things were built like stone castles so can take a serious beating,...even fires, and come through.

The burnt smell is mostly towards the living room. My bedroom is okay...kinda. The aroma makes me barf so I'm staying in the back of my digs. I'm good, and everyone made it.

That's all that matters. 


...be back in a bit. 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your computer overheated while you were moving all those posts around and deleting comments.

uncle1950uncle said...

When I came back this morning to see if they'd shut my building down.

A neighbor told me one of the kids in the apartment that burned is in the ER.

...smoke inhalation.

She was such a little sweet heart. They don't know if she'll make it.

All we can do is hope even pray.