Friday, April 20, 2018

"Nut Hats"



Chestnut vendors. I had forgot them swell folks. The neat stalls with roasting chestnuts. That, and sometimes hot peanuts cashews almonds. All mixed of course with car exhaust subway noise diesel fumes, and fire engines. Gunshots came 40 years later as the Empire fell.

Aw gee! I loved the warm salty aromas as my folks dragged me behind them. A kid does 1 mph while their folks do 10. I think we all remember this deal. Anyway them kats was a true part of the Soul of this totally evil, and fucked up City.

Them little hats ladies wore were neat too,...see the gals above. My younger aunt wore them things. Heck if I had one I'd bleeping wear it at least around my digs or parties for sure. They was so smart, and perfect. Where did all them hats go. Generations of guys, and gals wore them things forever. ...then gone.



Is there an elephant's grave yard for those swell hats? I mean like there is for old tech. Somewhere in a rainforest there's mile high piles of Eight Tracks VCRs IPod, and Mood Rings.
Somewhere them cute little lady hats along with them Dick Tracy style brimmed guy hats our fathers grand fathers, and great grand father wore wait for us.



Without a thought our near or far ancestors wore what would one day be piled up in some fucking desert. Out there somewhere waiting to be re-discovered, and worn by a grateful humanity once more!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What great hats. It’s time for some retro-chic fashion, methinks.

Z