Wednesday, April 25, 2018

"Brushes vs Digital"


To the sounds of the Air Detoxer grinding in the background. This removing the aroma of last weekend's fire in the digs right below mine.
I experimented to the paint box on my computer. For me it was always hard to do with a mouse.
A computer mouse as opposed to "Ignatz Mouse", and "Krazy" up there. Speaking of which I just colorized a "Krazy Kat" strip from over 100 years or so ago.

It's close slow work with a mouse so now I have a headache. I used to water color my ink drawing of my Angels. It was far easier with a nip pen, and brushes.
With an old strip one first has to work on the brightness contrast all that. Then slowly work the damn mouse to color on the outside of the inked images.

There's probably a program somewhere in my computer that ignores the black ink of the original art.
One can then just gleefully slop the colors on.
However I'd need an 11 year old school kid to show me how to use it. 
I'll stick to brushes.

3 comments:

Padraig said...

Good job on the Krazy Kat image.

Anonymous said...

Paint and ink all the way. Analog forever!

Z

Padraig said...

I have been looking at the various collections of Krazy Kat that are available. There is a lot to choose from. The comic was published for 31 years, seemingly on a daily basis.